Book one room, two rooms, floor…
The Rose and Stag can accommodate up to six guests at a time
The guest floor contains one bedroom with a king sized bed, one bedroom with a double bed, a living room containing a double bed (for use for a small additional charge by guests who book both rooms), a kitchen, and a bathroom. Your host Sophia lives on the lower level, with a friendly tomcat. Breakfast is no longer provided, but full kitchen access is. There is more information below.
King Bedroom (shared kitchen and bath) $119/night (June-September), $99/night (October-May). Shared bath, full use of kitchen. Book now
Double Bedroom (shared kitchen and bath) $99/night (June- September) $89/night (October-May). Shared bath, full use of kitchen. Book now
Entire Floor with private use of living room, kitchen and bath (sleeps 6) $219/night (June-September) $199/night (October-May) Contact us by email us to book
For cancellations up to 14 days before your scheduled arrival, a 50% refund will be issued. Later than that no refund is issued.
Check availability and Request Booking
Double Rose Bedroom
A smaller room with a double bed, this cozy bedroom contains an electric fireplace and a double memory foam bed with 400 thread count sheets. This bedroom sleeps 1 or 2 humans. Pricing: Double Bedroom (shared kitchen and bath) $100/night (June- September) $80/night (October-May)
(Stag) King Bedroom
9 foot ceilings, king sized eurotop bed, 400 threadcount sheets, view of the mountains. This bedroom sleeps 2 or 3 humans. Pricing: King Bedroom (shared kitchen and bath) $140/night (June-September), $120/night (October-May).
Book Entire Floor for 4-6 Guests
When both rooms are booked by the same party, there is a double Murphy bed in the living room that can comfortably accommodate two more guests. The living room is on the small size, particularly when the Murphy bed is down but the kitchen is roomy. Pricing: Entire Floor with private use of living room, kitchen and bath $250/night (June-September) $200/night (October-May)
House Rules and Limitations
By booking with us, all guests agree to the following limits on their stay:
- No smoking or vaping indoors or near an open window
- Not suitable for pets ( our friendly tomcat Tuck lives on premises)
- No parties or events
- Check in is anytime after 3PM – Check out 12 noon.
- For a quieter, cleaner space, please remove your shoes at the door.
Off limit areas
- Inside any cupboards, closets or drawers except those marked for guest use with a blue ribbon
- Downstairs floor
- By booking, parents acknowledge that the space is not childproofed, and agree that they are solely responsible for the safety of their children and will take full responsibility for any damage and breakage anyone in their party causes.
- The laundry room is below the living room, and shares airspace via an off limits stairwell. Guests who book the entire floor acknowledge that your host may need to be in the laundry room during the day.
Allergies and air quality
Guests agree that no-one will smoke or vape indoors or near an open window. If a smoke or vape smell is left in the suite there will be a $200 extra cleaning charge.
11 pm to 6 am – We appreciate guests who keep in mind that someone might be sleeping downstairs or next door during these hours.
- Shared spa-like bathroom with claw foot tub
- Wireless internet
- Self-serve locally roasted coffee
- Self-serve herbal and caffeinated tea
- Shared use of toaster, microwave, coffee maker, fridge, stove and kettle
- Catering available
- Meeting room available to groups that book both rooms, including meeting table and chairs (additional fee may apply)
- Double Murphy bed available for two additional humans to groups renting entire floor.
Upon payment, we will send you an ekey to open the front door, which will be active on the days you have booked and which allows you to open and lock the door with your smartphone (iphone and android). Don’t have a smartphone? We have other options.
Neighbourhood and location
Hastings Sunrise is central and has lots of diverse shops, cafés and restaurants within walking distance. It is neither a fancy nor a rough area of town, but more on the urban-artist neighbourhood end of things. Apartment blocks and condos mix with early 1900’s houses and we are on the edge of an industrial zone filled with warehouses, breweries and film studios. Nearby Commercial Drive is a vibrant shopping and restaurant district. A number of micro-breweries are within walking distance for tasting tours. A short drive to nature areas on the north shore, walking distance to the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE), the Pacific Colosseum and Playland. 15 min drive or 25 min bus ride to downtown Vancouver.
There is a laundromat about a block away, a multitude of cafes, restaurants and shops nearby as well. This neighbourhood is known for Italian food, boutique micro-breweries and brewery tours. It has good access to both downtown and the skiing and nature areas on the north shore.
Major bus route one block away and 25 min to downtown.
15 min drive to downtown. Lots of street parking available.
Restaurants, stores and microbreweries within walking distance.